Cloudy again and chlorine didn’t dip. How is that possible?

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I don’t get it. I was in Slam until my water turned clear. (Based on cya level but then bumped up even more because it wasn’t clearing)... Never let FC drop below recommended levels, and now it’s cloudy again! It never got below 7 after I was cleared from Slam. but I was in Slam for over a week at 12, then bumped to 15, then finally cleared at 20.

I Just bumped it back up to 20. But how is that possible to cloud again? Could it be the metals in my water reacting different at the lower chlorine levels? I also noticed too that my pool never got clear before until I bumped up my FC to 20. (My current CYA is like 25.

Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

And yes it passes the overnight loss test. ��

Did you check under the ladder rungs for any hidden bits of algae? Any toys or floats put back in that may have harbored some?

Check those things out, wash them down/wipe them down with diluted bleach to be sure

Is it clear green or cloudy green?= metals tend to be a very clear green (on their own, cloudy if algae present).

If your CYA was "25", you should consider that 30, as their are no "half way" numbers. And I'd double check the CYA again to make sure it isn't higher even.

Maddie :flower:

I DO really hate my ladder! Maybe it’s that. It fills up with water to hold it down and it really erks me that you can’t wash the inside. Maybe I can convince hubby for a new one. Problem is we don’t have a deck so I don’t know if any other ladders are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture of ladder

Attachments

• BF29D21F-06FA-4E83-8E2C-5E60783C506B.jpg
    BF29D21F-06FA-4E83-8E2C-5E60783C506B.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 32
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.