Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
The 3 blue valves control my 3 sheer descent waterfalls. When I close them I'm still getting flow to the returns in the pool and also my fountain so I haven't blocked anything. But, the pressure to the returns is much higher and to the point the point you can really see the water being pushed through the pool. Would I be putting too much strain on anything by closing off the waterfalls from time to time. I love them but I don't always need them and I assume it's ok to have them off. I have 3 waterfalls, a fountain, and 3 returns not including the spa.
Inkedvalves 2-8_LI.jpg

You have a variable speed pump. Match the speed of the pump with what you need for water flow when using specific water return set ups to the pool.

Reactions: 6XSBChamps

It will not hurt anything to shut the waterfalls off.

I agree with Marty, the whole point of having a VS pump and an automation system is so that you can match the pump speed to how your pool plumbing is configured.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: 6XSBChamps
You have a variable speed pump. Match the speed of the pump with what you need for water flow when using specific water return set ups to the pool.
Thanks! That leads me to my other issue of still being able to figure out how to control the speeds. Some on here have tried to point me in the right direction but I have not had success yet. That will be my next research project

Let's see if @PoolGate has any inputs for you.

If I had done your plumbing, you would have been able to control your water features, using an actuator and your automation. You could add an actuator to the Jandy valve just to the right of your blue ball valves, but you would not get the adjustability you have now using your manual valve.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You did not get automation (Aqualink)? Without that, you will have to install the phone app for your pump to control speeds. You should have gotten automation.

You did not get automation (Aqualink)? Without that, you will have to install the phone app for your pump to control speeds. You should have gotten automation.
an even dumber question, how do I know if I have or don't have automation? I have the Jandy Aqualink remote where I control most everything but I have never found anything for pump speed.

an even dumber question, how do I know if I have or don't have automation? I have the Jandy Aqualink remote where I control most everything but I have never found anything for pump speed.

You mean the PDA? Can you post a picture of that? And do you have a box hanging near the pool that says Aqualink?

AM-JKLWRFO4uFRjyEjWYym2b1Xj2ow5HBE7pzfYGPNtz6ajeFhO6LecsMXpRZddQ336PimqmPbceNu58BFfP0vqjxQ_p63-1WjIjSRJj-JJM45GG43bY_YV6RE0ZjDiXbJ6eoMmFPsp9CwWAMNx2weukfXF6=w1263-h947-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also that "VSP1 Spd Adj" is what you use to set the pump speed.
wow! it's right there in front of me the whole time. Thank you everyone for the help!
So... I can close the blue valves shutting off the waterfalls without causing any issues and I will adjust the pump speed accordingly.

Reactions: PoolGate
Careful with those blue valves. They stiffen up over time exercise frequently to avoid that. Closing them will not hurt anything else as it doesn't completely shut off flow. I usually turn off my 2 water falls unless I am in the pool and want them on.

Actually if you want to shut all three of those off, shut off the black valve right next to it instead.
Thanks. I think I did that and it shut them off but sent my fountain real high. I'll try it again now that I can adjust the pump speed. and maybe the valve to the right of that one as well.

I'm looking at the pic that has the word FLOW in blue. The actuator is to the left of the "F"

Jim R.

Right I do see that one but it looks to be the only one. Probably the cleaner port. Even the lowest Aqualink will handle 3/4 JVAs. If that cleaner is not in use I would move that to the other valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.