CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Looks interesting. Would probably work, but I would be concerned of it being a rip point in the wind.

On a similar subject, a question for you CT-Steven, what do you do for closing on the Intex in CT? I am up in Stafford on the MA line and previous years I have taken down at the end of the season, but starting to think about leaving most of the water in the pool and letting it winter over.

if anyone has tried using these to hold down their cover?
They work great until it's windy and then 12 (?) of them dont have the strength to hold the tarp down. The cheapo steel rope / winch combos have their own headaches. I'd personally use several laps of shrink wrap to make a belt for the tarp. The fancy stuff is no better than the cheap stuff so I'd buy a large 2 pack of Cling wrap from Bjs/Costco and get my dizzy on while running circles around the pool.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Can't quite tell if those are any different than plastic black clips that I use which have worked well for me. Are they different than these:

They do a really good job of preventing too much wind from getting under and causing the cover to parachute and I've also found that they will pop off and sometimes break in the process if under touch stress, but better than cover ripping.

Reactions: Decoy205
Well not yet, but the time will come... I am always looking to build a better mouse trap and was wondering if anyone has tried using these to hold down their cover?

I use big binder clips - they’re cheap, reliable & during the summer we use them as chip clips 😃 i think they were like $5 at the time
C346F9DB-8916-454F-9F7A-949051F16C55.png

Reactions: JoeSelf
Can't quite tell if those are any different than plastic black clips that I use which have worked well for me. Are they different than these:

They do a really good job of preventing too much wind from getting under and causing the cover to parachute and I've also found that they will pop off and sometimes break in the process if under touch stress, but better than cover ripping.
I had these on last year and had the same experience. They pop off if too much pull happens via water or wind.

I haven’t ever lost any of the binder clips- some are starting to get a little rusty after 3 winters but oh well. They are especially handy for the leaf net- I don’t even use a cable for that, just the clips. That makes it very easy to remove & dump the leaves then replace it. The way my deck is I am able to use the clips around most of it too. I kinda used them on a whim out of necessity but they worked so well I bought a huge box. I haven’t noticed anymore wear on the cover than I experienced before using the clips. My cheapo cover lasted 3 winters. It ripped a bit upon removal last year in the part that stayed the most wet. I do try to keep it pumped off as much as possible, I think that helps with longevity. An automatic cover pump is amazing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.