Closing pool for 100,000 gallons

I will put all 6 qt. In. I have the Pentair filters. When I use alg. I always see the filters are blue. The filters catch Most of the alg. That's ok because filter runs with it. Now that I want to keep the alg in the pool for winter. I'm thinking to pull both filters out then put all 6 in and run for 25 hours. Pool is spotless now and Clean !! Never had alg. All summer. I know that's may sound crazy. ?????

Algae

I will put all 6 qt. Algae 60 In. I have the Pentair filters. When I use alg. I always see the filters are blue. The filters must catch most of the algea chemistry That's ok because filter runs with it. Now that I want to keep the algae 60. in the pool for winter. I'm thinking to pull both filters out then put all the algae 60 in and run for 25 hours. Pool is spotless now and Clean !! Never had alg. All summer. I know tha may sound crazy. ?????

I will be closing pool in two week. I just put in 28 oz. algae. I will run pump 24 hours today and then normal 10 hours every day. Then give it a good vacuum in two weeks. Slam it and then put in the 5 bottles -140 oz algae 50 but will pull the cartridge filters out first and run pool pump for 2 days. Close the pool for winter.

I'm very happy will following trouble pool fourm. Water was clean all summer and never had any algae. Last year when I had pool service we had algae and the pool water smelled like chlorine. Since I took over we had a great clean pool. I thank everyone for all the info.

Last week I send in the pool size to Pentair tech to analysis pool for pool heater- gas vs heat pump. I just got a two page with grafts. To heat this pool from April to September in New York at a temp of 85 degrees, we would need 5 heat pump and would save ( not the cost ) save $33,000 dollars vs using bottle gas. Nuts! We have one 140 Pentair heat pump now. I can get water temp to 86 degrees when it 75 out side but must be sunny out. When it's 70 deg out and clouds out. Water temp will not go over 80 but will keep it at 80 even if outside temp goes down to 48 deg at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I said two days. 118,000 this pool holds.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some of the reports
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for contacting us here at Poolheatpumps.com. Attached is an analysis showing the estimated operating cost of using a pool heat pump vs a propane pool gas heater. Our analysis indicates the need for 5 pool heat pumps to heat your 65 x 35 pool to 85 degrees for mid May through mid September. You will notice the annual savings of using a pool heat pump vs a propane pool gas heater, $33,000.00 per year. Listed below is the pool heat pump we recommend for your needs.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

Marty:

This is where I ordered my heat pump. Asa is great to work with. Although, the key to your pool is to cover the surface water. Even if you covered 50% of the pool, there still would be heat retention. You could literally have 6 solar covers of 30' by 10' and roll up individually. I am assuming you could have a lot of help given the size of the pool.

No matter what, this pool will cost you a pretty penny to heat up. Solar could be an answer, but then the panels cost a lot as well. Too bad the east coast has such a hot/cold type of day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.