Closing issues

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I have to close my pool tomorrow. It has been scheduled for months and I have roofers waiting to start putting on a new roof. They preferred the pool covered. I can't reschedule the closing because they loaded the roof today and are ready to go.

The problem I have is that it has been pouring for three days and will continue through tomorrow. We are under extreme flood warnings. I have had to drain water twice a day for the last three days. I have no idea where my chemicals are and I can't clean the pool properly and my liner likes to float when we get this much rain.

I have been running my robot all day and my plan is to try to get some chlorine and PH readings this afternoon. I raised my CYA up to 60 about six weeks ago so I am going to bring to SLAM level for CYA of 50. After the rain passes I will siphon the water back down to closing level.

I think I have a solid plan and I have closed enough times but I need some reassurance I haven't overlooked anything.

Thnx, Chris

I think you're on the right track. :goodjob:
- Clean pool as best as you can
- Focus on pH and FC for sure
- Increase FC to 20. If you plan on adding Polyquat 60, you might only take the FC to 10-15. If not, an FC of 20 is fine.
- Adjust water & cover to prevent roofing materials and other junk from getting in there.

See you next spring. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.