Closing in on our first pool

I like the Green Envy MA from Menards. I pay more for "90% less fumes" but it is absolutely worth it. Try the 31% MA though. It may not bother you as much. Everyone's different.C8DDD1EA-F2F2-4046-84CF-557B5639ECF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dozenmonkeyz
Had so much rain last week that not much got done. Passed the electrical final, I tinkered with some fencing and retaining wall details, and spent a lot of time watching the little pump try to keep the hole empty of rainwater. I also did a ton of shopping for a robot cleaner and a light system.
7AA85B9D-C438-4BC6-913D-4FFF0A4F0186.jpeg
On the robot, after a week of no response from Marina, as well as a 'out of stock' email after placing an order through Pool Supply Unlimited, I ended up buying a Pentair 920 from a local pool store chain. It's essentially the same cost as buying online, with a $100 manufacturer rebate, plus I don't have to deal with the overwhelmed and understocked internet vendors.

For pool lights, I've been debating between the Pool Tone lights from Florida Sunseeker and the PAL Evenglows, and ended up pulling the trigger on the Pool Tones. For 3 lights (100' cable) and the 100w transformer it was just over $800. This is massive savings compared the the PB quote, and several hundred less than the Evenglows. Here's hoping they hold up long enough to justify the expense.

Today, the PB is out mucking out the pool bottom preparing for vermiculite base, which they expect to install tomorrow. If everything keeps pace, we may see the liner and water this week! Concrete deck is supposed to be next week but that sub is dealing with delays from weather as well and nobody is making promises with dates these days.

Reactions: Snoobug
Things didn't dry out enough overnight to accommodate pool base installation and they took off. Supposed to get a bit more rain tonight so not sure how they plan to ever progress. Trying to keep patient, but it feels like we're so close these delays are tough to take.
IMG_0811.jpg

Spent a bit more time chipping away at the equipment pad area. A few more retaining wall blocks to lay and then I can put up the fence panels and place the gravel/pavers. Tough to make progress with only 90mins or so after work to get things done.

IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg

Tough to make progress with only 90mins or so after work to get things done
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……. That’s 90 minutes more you will have on the weekend for every day you chip at it. 😁

Progress is progress Monkeys. Chin up.

How bout a joke to cheer you up ? Let’s see here……. *random joke generator computing*.

Ah !!!! Yes !!! Your avatar looks like a sick album cover. Kinda like the ‘Murican lawn mowing version of Abby Road.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……. That’s 90 minutes more you will have on the weekend for every day you chip at it. 😁

Progress is progress Monkeys. Chin up.

How bout a joke to cheer you up ? Let’s see here……. *random joke generator computing*.

Ah !!!! Yes !!! Your avatar looks like a sick album cover. Kinda like the ‘Murican lawn mowing version of Abby Road.
It's all good and thanks for the positive reinforcement! I just do what I can, when I can, and it will get finished at some point.

Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
Dog Rain GIF by Jason Clarke

Here ya go! This should keep your pool and area dry for a while!!

PB got things mostly dry and tuned up the shallow end along with two sides of the hopper. Weather today has been beautiful - mid-70's, clear skies, slight breeze - but apparently PB is working somewhere else :cautious:

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
We had huge progress today. Finished up the poolcrete
1D806D47-BD39-4A30-B5C3-B150743C97F0.jpeg
Hung the liner
E8921DBD-934E-4885-95CB-D7A75AAD46F2.jpeg
And filled it up
4DBFF619-D3EF-40D7-B391-E73C6A5AF0C4.jpeg
FFD9C904-46B3-44E2-B933-3BA0958979A4.jpeg
They added 8 or 9 bags of salt right before they left for the day, said they’ll be back to start up the equipment. Cocncrete decking is supposed to be this week so hopefully they show up and then we can start grading and landscaping. We’re really excited with it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fill water is only mid-60's so no way we'll get in until it warms up a bit. The progress has provided some fresh patience so I can wait a few days to get the heater running lol

• Wow
The progress has provided some fresh patience so I can wait a few days to get the heater running lol
Boost in the arm FOR SURE !!! Lol. It should warm up pretty quick on its own. 2 days is probably plenty to take the edge off. It will still be cooler, but not purple lips cooler. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dozenmonkeyz
So, I have 3 nicheless lights to install myself; PB placed the three wall fittings. But since the water is up passed the fittings, do I need to drain it down to pull the cords and screw the lights into the fittings? Or does the water just stay in the conduit? Can't find much online and the instructions that came with the lights are pretty vague.

It stays in the conduit. Many people change their lights without draining. Or take them out while SLAMing and leave them to dry on the patio before cleaning the niche and reinstalling under water.
Thanks for the info. Might try to get them in over the weekend.

Reactions: Newdude
They came out yesterday and fired up the pump. But when I finally got home around 9:30PM and checked things out, the water had dropped to 1" above the bottom of skimmer and the pump was sucking air. I shut the pump down and this morning put the hose in to bring the water level back up. PB asked us to keep an eye on it for 24 hours to see if it dropped again. I know he's busy but I'd prefer him to take initiative to come check it out and ensure we don't have a plumbing leak somewhere, ugh. Still no date for concrete decking either. My refreshed patience doesn't seem to have much stamina.

• Sad
They came out for a little while this afternoon and did some investigating; I was tied up at work but could see them on the cam. Haven't talked to him or heard if they found anything yet. My wife and kids are losing patience faster than I am so I get to be stuck in between appeasing them and being civil for the sake of progress. Not a fun position lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.