Closing early.

That's a shame Marty. This early, the chlorine won't last long. I suppose Poly 60 will be in order, but even that has its limits. Only thing I can think of is what if you did somewhat of a partial close by prepping the lines, pump, and filter, but left the pool uncovered. That way someone might be able to add chlorine for a little while longer? Try to stretch things out until October? Then add some Poly 60 just before covering?

What type of cover do you use? A solid cover, blocking all light, will help reduce the chance of a major algae outbreak.

What type of cover do you use? A solid cover, blocking all light, will help reduce the chance of a major algae outbreak.
It’s a mesh cover. I can handle green water. Normally I seen that happen and shocking it will clear it up with a vacuum- dumping the water as you vacuum. It’s that black algae that is hard to get rid off. My question is. Will it turn to black algae? I’m using all 4 qt. Shock it. I’m going to leave the floater in with the submarine- both together can hold 10 -3 inch tabs . Thinking the chlorine will last 3 weeks brings it into October. Im also pulling the filters out when dumping in the algae 60. I feel the filters catch most of the algae 60 and doesn’t go into the pool water. My 2 cents???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I close several pools after labour day weekend, all open to clean water. Make sure you shock the pool a week before closing, let the chlorine levels fall to normal. 1 quart of poly 60 for 15,000 gallons. Then cover.

The key is insuring not a hint of algae is in the water.

Reactions: Marty D
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.