Closing Early in Central PA?

MommaHuffman

Jul 28, 2020
Palmyra, PA
Greetings! This year will be my first closing. I'm waiting for my water to reach 60 degrees, as instructed here on TFP. But I have noticed some other AGPs here in the area are already covered! Today my water is 70 degrees so I wouldn't dream of winterizing it just yet. How are they getting away with it?

Some may be using Polyquat 60 to buy some time until the temps drop. Of course there are some who are at the mercy of their schedule and simply don't have a choice, or the schedule of a company they hired. But the longer you can hold out the better for sure.

Reactions: MommaHuffman
I'm in Central PA too- hello! I think some people got scared when we had a few cold nights into the 40's a couple of weeks ago and packed it in for the season. our water temps got into the 60's and I thought about trying to move up our close date but then it came back up a bit.

Last edited:
Some people don't know proper closing techniques. But you can cover your pool without closing it. I'll be covering my pool in the next week or two but I'll keep running the equipment until the water temperature drops. Being in NC, that may not be until December. Then I'll test the water, adjust, and finish closing.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.