Clorox salt?

Edited - TFP Mod
I put 40lbs Clorox Pool Salt into my pool and it IMMEDIATELY left stained places all over my gunite pool. I swept it into the bottom drains immediately and the jets distributed it all over the pool. I now have rust particle stains everywhere.TThe are so many that all I can think of is draining the pool to try and remove them.
Who can suggest the best way to get the stains off.

Last edited by a moderator:
A local Walmart has these 40lbs bags for $1 on clearance. Tempted to stock up for my fiberglass pool which is being installed in November. Stains mainly happening on vinyl? Should I risk it?CBBDABF4-63B8-4662-815A-321DA1BE2628.jpeg

Can’t beat 35 bags for $1 each. I got 13 Morton’s for myself, 12 Clorox for my brother in law & 10 Clorox for my neighbor. I told them to pre-dissolve it 👍0E566ED9-181B-4268-83EC-B9EBEB6E2AE4.jpeg

The Morton’s bags were nice and fresh. The Clorox bags were like solid bricks. I got a good workout loading them up and pushing them in the shopping carts. I warned them about the Clorox salt, but they both had used them before and pre-dissolved it. Walmart will be clearancing out all their pool chemicals etc in the coming months. I use this site to find and check prices/stock on deals ... you can check the Morton’s prices in your area using this link ... Morton® Pool Salt, 40 lb. Bag – All Natural, Highly Rated - Walmart Inventory Checker - BrickSeek

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the link for the Clorox salt ... if you dare! 😱

It must be a local sale. Brickseek shows Clorox salt is $5.97 around me and Mortons is $6.49. Those are the normal season prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.