Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m needing to boost my CYA and was wondering about the quality of Clorox pool chemicals. Lowes has a pretty good price on the stabilizer it’s like half of what the pool store is asking.

The only product from Clorox I would buy is the Stabilizer. So go ahead and get that. It is pure CYA.

Most Clorox pool products have hidden ingredients that can get you into trouble.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Clorox Pool and Spa products are not made by Clorox.

Clorox Pool & Spa products are represented in the marketplace by Easy 1 2 3 Pool Care LLC, the U.S. based subsidiary of KIK Custom Products Inc.

Kik makes the products under the Clorox name under a license from Clorox.

In my opinion, the products are largely idiotic nonsense and Clorox has made a huge mistake allowing another company to tarnish their brand with the idiotic products that Kik makes.

Easy 123 Pool Care LLC.
1725 N. Brown Road. Lawrenceville, GA 30043.
800-767-7665

Reactions: Stump and Newdude
I went ahead and bought the stabilizer…I did notice on the bag that it said made in China, not that that’s a bad thing but I associate Clorox with made in USA, oh well I’ll try it tonight and see how it works.

Marty..what do you keep your TA and CH at?
TA is normally between 80 and 100. CH starts at 250 ppm as that is our fill water. I use a RV water softener to run my fill water through so the CH is now at 400 ppm after nearly 2 years. That is great as before the water softener, my CH would be 800+ in 16 months. All due to evaporation (and no rain).

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
ph 7.5
fc 9
ta 130
ch “30”
cya 30
The amount of rain we have had in the last few months has been mind boggling. Almost every day we have storms. Keeping the pool water in check is a nightmare. Getting the CH in check I’m needing 20+ pounds. Trying to boost cya up some..(it was 50 a month ago).
Do you or anyone know of a good place to order calcium chloride online?
Well..gotta go…it’s getting ready to rain….
Harry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a fiberglass pool. You really do not need CH. Unless you have cement grouted water line tile.

Baton Rouge averages 63 " of rain annually. That a little over 5 feet of new water for your pool. It would seem you have to drain off some water periodically, Is that correct?

Why did you put " " around your CH value of 30 ppm?

Baton Rouge averages 63 " of rain annually. That a little over 5 feet of new water for your pool. It would seem you have to drain off some water periodically, Is that correct?

Why did you put " " around your CH value of 30 ppm?
Yes, I drain occasionally and there is evaporation and I think I have a small leak somewhere in one of the pipes. I put the quotes around the 30 because of it being so low. I don’t have any tile or grout, what if the pool is just a tad bit cloudy?

I actually prefer the Clorox-labeled CYA. Compared to Leslie’s, it dissolves much faster. Using nylon knee-high socks and squeezing often I can dissolve 2 pounds of CYA in 20 minutes. It’s likely that the CYA dust settles on the pool bottom, so I brush the pool and let the Polaris cleaner run for an hour or two.

HarryMichael,

You will probably not pass the OCLT but even if you do, I would suggest you begin to run the pump 24/7 and double your suggested FC (4-6 is suggested so you are virtually already there with 9 ppm FC)

Keep your pool around 9-10 pm and run the pump until you are crystal clear.

HarryMichael,

You will probably not pass the OCLT but even if you do, I would suggest you begin to run the pump 24/7 and double your suggested FC (4-6 is suggested so you are virtually already there with 9 ppm FC)

Keep your pool around 9-10 pm and run the pump until you are crystal clear.
Check! I will run the pump 24/7 and keep FC 9-10. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.