CombatVet13

Silver Supporter
Apr 27, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Hey folks!
So my suction line is clogged thanks to all the lovely mesquite trees around me.
I should have had a leaf canister on my line. Well I just ordered one. Anywho, I need to get my line unclogged. The pool guy who was here suggested getting my “ line blown” with air. They do bot do that.
Any suggestions or recommendations to help get my suctioning line suctioning again!
Thank you ??

If you are handy, you can take the money you would have paid someone to come in with a blower and buy your own Cyclone blower. At the very least their price will pay for 2/3 of the blower you get to keep for future use closing every year.

A large compressor could also work but it would need lots of volume (CFM) to work.

Last edited:
Or get yourself a Drain King or product similar like the one below to push water backwards from the pump pot back to the skimmer.

full

Screw a PVC 1 1/2" reducer fitting into the clogged return line and either use compressed air or a pressure washer to blow it out. I tried the drain king, snake etc, none cleared it, compressed air from a scuba tank cleared my leaves out it in 10 seconds.

Screw a PVC 1 1/2" reducer fitting into the clogged return line and either use compressed air or a pressure washer to blow it out. I tried the drain king, snake etc, none cleared it, compressed air from a scuba tank cleared my leaves out it in 10 seconds.
Any idea the PSI that exerts on the plumbing? I'm also curious how you made the connection from tank to the 1.5" fitting.

I had some suction on the the line. I used a 11/2 to 3/4 fitting, then added a 3/4 to 1/4 brass fitting, and attached it to an extra whip I had for filling my tanks. I disconnected the clogged suction side union and SLOWLY opened the tank to blow out the leaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.