Clogged Spa jets, and any idea what this knob does?

I like the air idea better than my food color MO. But instead of cutting pipe, you could first trying fashioning a cover of sorts over the black pump's basket chamber with duct tape. Use a good number of layers, and leave the center open, or cut out a hole the size of your blower. Blow the air through that and see what happens. That'll either work or come apart. Then you can cut pipe.

Blowing that way up the return line you will be trying to blow through the impeller. I think the impeller will give a big restriction to much airflow. You can give it a try but I think you will need to blow into an unrestricted pipe.

I see. If the suction side is in fact blocked, he's going to have to cut that return pipe anyway, so it's probably not a big deal either way.

Allen, what was that check valve doing? Even if water somehow back-flowed from the spa, where would it go except back into the spa?

What's the HP of the working pump? If the spa returns still work (after your air test), and you connect them to the working pump, that might be enough jet action for you if you crank the pump. If not, you can cap one jet at a time in the spa until you get enough flow out of the remaining returns.
Hmm im not sure on the hp. Its an older version pentair variable speed pump. it cranks up pretty good lol.

That doesn't sound right. Any model number available? Doesn't matter. If the second circuit's suction pipe is not available, and the returns still work, then plumb the returns to the working pump and see what happens. If you need help with that, we're here for ya.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right. Any model number available? Doesn't matter. If the second circuit's suction pipe is not available, and the returns still work, then plumb the returns to the working pump and see what happens. If you need help with that, we here for ya.
Thank you so much! If anything comes up I'll be sure to post. You have all been very helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.