Silver Supporter
Aug 5, 2020
Katy
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm on my second full year of pool ownership and have always done chemical additions myself without any issues. I'm noticing this year that even though my readings are all in line with TRP ranges, my water isn't as clear as it was last year. I'm able to see down to the bottom but when I'm in the water, I'm unable to see across the entire span of the pool, which I was able to last year. I have a variable speed pump that is on continuously, I use skimmer socks which I'm noticing has more silt in it than before which I believe is due to an increase in construction in the area. My question is, has anyone ever experienced this before and if you did, what did you do to resolve it? I have a SWG which is functioning optimally according my FC range and my CC is 0. Ph is between 7.5-7.8. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't know if I'm just being picky or if something is off that I'm missing.

What about using a clarifier or a flocculant?
With the exception of some very rare cases, we almost never recommend getting into the floc/clarifier world. It creates too many potential problems later and often times doesn't address the true cause, only a symptom. It is possible though that the increased construction in the area is related. It's been quite windy here around San Antonio this season, not sure about your area.

As Kim noted, it would be good to know more about your equipment. It might give us more clues.

I thought my equipment was in my signature. I have a filter cartridge. It’s been very hot here in houston. I mean seriously hot over the past two weeks.

I thought my equipment was in my signature. I have a filter cartridge.
This is what is currently listed in your signature. 34L x 20W inground shotcrete pool with 7’ round spa. Depth 3.5’-6’

Some more info on the filter itself (Make, model, size, etc) could be helpful.

I also just realized we don't see your water test results. Do you use the PoolMath APP? If so, you can go into settings and link Poolmath test logs to TFP so we can see them. Might also be helpful.

Reactions: Mdragger88
What test kit are you using?
Test Kits Compared

Post a full set of current test results. Use PoolMath and share the logs to your forum account or post as follows.
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water temperature

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
Be specific.

Post a few pics of your pool.

Reactions: Mdragger88
This is what is currently listed in your signature. 34L x 20W inground shotcrete pool with 7’ round spa. Depth 3.5’-6’

Some more info on the filter itself (Make, model, size, etc) could be helpful.

I also just realized we don't see your water test results. Do you use the PoolMath APP? If so, you can go into settings and link Poolmath test logs to TFP so we can see them. Might also be helpful.
34L x 20W inground shotcrete pool with 7’ round spa. Depth 3.5’-6’
pump: Hayward Tristar VS 950 Filter: Jacuzzi J-cq420
Heater: Jacuzzi JHN266 Natural Gas
SWG: Jacuzzi JSCS40

I've added the changes to my signature. I've tried running the filter at max more often. I think the problem is the dust in the area. I will soon post some test results.

34L x 20W inground shotcrete pool with 7’ round spa. Depth 3.5’-6’
pump: Hayward Tristar VS 950 Filter: Jacuzzi J-cq420
Heater: Jacuzzi JHN266 Natural Gas
SWG: Jacuzzi JSCS40

I've added the changes to my signature. I've tried running the filter at max more often. I think the problem is the dust in the area. I will soon post some test results.
I see the additions to the signature, but I am hoping that the lack of posted test results/pictures is because it cleared up...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.