Cleaning the vinyl liner at the waterline

Tjie77

Oct 23, 2019
Grafton, NSW, Australia
Hi all

Over time the waterline justs dirty from oils (sunscreen, body), and I was wondering what I can use to clean it with? When I had a fibreglass pool, there was a spray that used to use that got it off, but can't find it anymore and not sure if it's safe for vinyl. I've tried a paste of bicarb but that doesn't work well at all. Any other products or ideas? Thanks!

Do different liner companies have a difference in porousness and stain-ability ? Or does the finish just degrade over time making them more markable ? I have 7 seasons on mine and i never needed more than my hand to clean it. Thats alot of pollen/sap/oils/sweat over that time.

Do different liner companies have a difference in porousness and stain-ability ? Or does the finish just degrade over time making them more markable ? I have 7 seasons on mine and i never needed more than my hand to clean it. Thats alot of pollen/sap/oils/sweat over that time.

Interesting you mention that. I noticed Oils and such cling to the steps and skimmers MUCH easier than the liner.

My understanding is there are different quality liners basically in the thickness of the plastic and quality of the inks used.

My understanding is there are different quality liners basically in the thickness of the plastic and quality of the inks used.

I have a similar understanding. Better ink fades less over time, but is also less hard to clean ? Or does it degrade over time from an easy cleaning glossy finish to a much harder flat finish. Or does the hardness of the water affect the cleanability of the liner similar to making suds in a soft water shower vs that in a hard water shower ?

Hi all

Over time the waterline justs dirty from oils (sunscreen, body), and I was wondering what I can use to clean it with? When I had a fibreglass pool, there was a spray that used to use that got it off, but can't find it anymore and not sure if it's safe for vinyl. I've tried a paste of bicarb but that doesn't work well at all. Any other products or ideas? Thanks!
I get in the pool and take a hand held scrub brush and gently scrub the water line with the pool water. Does a real nice job with some elbow grease.

Magic Eraser is working great for me. Scrub brush-not so good. Had to think of something because the rubber pool brush wasn't working and the dirt ring got pretty nasty over time. Gotta learn how to scrunch it up to prevent it from coming apart too soon. I got about 25' out of each eraser. Now that it's pretty clean, I think I'll get a lot further per pad next time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.