Cleaning the IC40

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
First time cleaning. Just curious, is just puting the EZ Touch in Service mode and disconnection the Cell from the Easy Touch enough if I have to do an acid wash? Do I really need to Darn all the breakers off? Do I even need to disconnect period? What’s the harm?

Also if I just need to rinse the cell do I even need to disconnect it from EZ Touch and just put it in service mode?

I watched a few YouTube videos and they left the cell connected to the ez Touch and left it on while they cleaned with acid. I obviously am not going to do this.

I open the breaker on my pump and put the ET into Service Mode when I take the SWCG off to look at it each spring.

Luckily, by managing my CSI, I have never had to acid wash it.

B,

If you put the system into the Service mode, it will shut off the power to the IC40, but the com port is still attached to the other end of the cable.

Do what you want, but it takes about five minutes to shut off all the circuit breakers and then fire it back up.. That is what I do, just to be safe.

I don't disconnect the cell from the ET, but with the power removed I can't see any harm...

Thanks,

Jim R.

You really only need to turn off the one that provides power to the system power supply...

I also turn off the pump... just because...

It can't hurt to turn off all four.

Don't be in a rush when you turn them back on.. It will take a minute or so for things to come back on line.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.