Cleaning old resin plastic pool steps

mgmercurio

Jun 22, 2020
Louisville, Kentucky
So I was shopping for some steps and I found some at various pool supply houses both online and brick&Mortar....most were in the neighborhood of 400 to 500 dollars...then I thought I would take a looksie out on Craigslist just to see if there was anything out there...and I found these for $85.00 !!! I couldn't pass that up...even if they were wrong... ;) Turns out...they are the right size and absolutely nothing wrong with them. But....they are DIRTY!!! arghhhh so I have a question for the group...does anyone know what product I can use to clean up resin plastic steps? Anything I can use to restore them?

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

p.s. I have asked the exact same question on my "AquaSport Build Post" found here:
Featured - My AquaSport 52 Build
but I thought I would also post out here in the main forum to get more visibility and possible advice. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 4
You should be able to use a green kitchen scrubber pad to clean most of it with some dawn soap.. If that does not work pull out the pressure washer and get after it... That should get almost all of it... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.