Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We have a 2019 Master Spa stand alone hot tub. It has the original Pleatco filter in it. I remove the filter on a regular basis and hose it off. I was reading about a filter cleaner. What do you use? Is there anything that can be made at home to soak and clean them in?

Reactions: JodieM
Filter cleaners are made to break down the oils and other sticky residue that build up on the filter fibers and do not rinse off. The two varieties I am familiar with are either spray on or mix with water and soak. Either will help, but the soak is more effective (obviously). I recommend you use it at each water change, which should be every 3-4 months, as a general rule. Your actual need for it will vary based on contaminant exposure (sunscreen, hair conditioner, makeup, etc) and maintenance routine.

I use the Leisure Time Overnight filter cleaner and have the Mikise Filter Flosser and the Mikise Power Pic for actual pressure cleaning of the filters. There are plenty of others out there but I liked the metal construction of these, in my mind, they will last longer than the plastic ones.

I have a 10 Gal Husky bucket from Lowes that both filters fit in perfectly for soaking. Let them soak for a minimum of 24 hours, take them out and use the tools to rinse. Let dry and rotate in the next time I pull the filters for cleaning. So far, my filters still look new so I'm happy with the cleaning results.

Reactions: JodieM
Thanks everyone. We do soak the filter in the hot tub when we purge with Ahh-some and change water out. I’ll look for the Mikise filter products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.