cleaner inherited useable (how) or trash it

OhEc

Sep 3, 2019
Charlotte NC
Can anyone provide any guidance on how to use the cleaner OhEc inherited, no instructions included?

What gets plugged into where? We can hook up to the good pump ? How/where?

That blue piece looks like a garden hose attachment?

This vacuum got inherited. Is it garbage & he ought to get a different style vacuum rather than trying to make this junk work? For all I know he's missing a piece or 2 ? If you don’t like this vacuum , any suggestions what you think would be good in this pool? Thank you.20200414_143955.jpg20200414_144054.jpg20200414_144101.jpg

That is a manual vacuum and can work if the pump is strong enough. Here is how you hook it up:

-un tape the blue hose and lay it out in the sun to relax it from the curl
-Look at the hose ends. One end should fit on the blue vacuum head. (not sure why it has the screw piece on it. Just close that up for now).
-The other end should go into your skimmer (the box where the water goes from the pool to the pump and filter). Some people use a skimmer plate (Lowes and Home Depot has them) measure carefully to make sure it fits.....I found I cannot use them as they just don't seal very well and I lose prime.

SO here i s what you do:
-turn on your pump
-put the hose on the head, put the pole on the head as well.
-put the head with hose and pole into the pool
-now feed the hose down into the pool so it fills with water. Make sure to keep the open end under the water after you do this.
-put the open end of the hose in the skimmer. Keep an ear and eye out to make sure you did not lose the prime.

Start vacuuming!! Go slow and take your time.

I find it is much easier to do this while I am in the pool. But if it is too burrr for you then you can try to do it from outside the pool.

Let me know how this goes.

As Kim described, the head can be used as a vacuum that will send debris to your filter.

The other use is as leaf vacuum, for larger debris. Attach a garden hose to the back fitting and a mesh filter bag on the top port. It uses a venturi action to push debris upwards through the top port and into the bag.

VAC.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.