Clean Core35 SWG at Closing?

calinb

Jul 18, 2018
N. Central, ID
I installed a Core35 at the beginning of the season. It has performed well and I've never seen the cell cleaning annunciator illuminate over all these months.

I just closed our pool and I removed the Core35, dumped out the water, and stored it in a warmer environment. I noticed that the cell has accumulated significant deposits (some of the numerous white chunks are about half the size of a ball point pen cap).

Despite the lack of any cleaning annunciator indication, Is there any reason that I should not follow the cleaning procedure described in the owner's manual now to make it optimally ready for use next season?

Thanks!

See if you can spray it out with a strong stream of water. Be careful of the flow switch if integral with the cell.

If still scale, use a 4 parts water 1 part acid solution to clean it. I am not familiar with that cell so check the manual on any precautions to take.

Keep your water chemistry such that the CSI is below 0 and above -0.3 to keep the cell from scaling.

Reactions: calinb
See if you can spray it out with a strong stream of water. Be careful of the flow switch if integral with the cell.

If still scale, use a 4 parts water 1 part acid solution to clean it. I am not familiar with that cell so check the manual on any precautions to take.

Keep your water chemistry such that the CSI is below 0 and above -0.3 to keep the cell from scaling.
Thanks, mknauss!

I'll clean it so it's ready for next year. My pool CSI is normally negative. The lowest it goes is in the winter when water temps near freezing bring it down to around -0.3.

I'll try water first but the manual says I can mix one part muriatic acid into ten parts water.. It also says it may take more than one cleaning to remove all the deposits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.