St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
So I installed this system 3 years ago. I had the si-40 cell and it started showing check cell and then it wouldn’t generate any chlorine. I purchased a Si-45 cell which Circupool told me was the direct replacement for the discontinued si-40. I installed it and it’s ram great for 3 days. Now it’s back to same error message of “sLow” The average salt level on the controller reads 3200, but the instantaneous reading shows 1900. Ph is 7.8. Salt levels were verified as 3200 from a pool company that came out to inspect my old cell and clean it 10 days ago. It was perfectly clean BTW. If I completely reset it(disconnect power by turning off the pump) and then restarting it will work for 5-12 hours and then the same error of sLow and the check salt and check cell led on solid. What should my next steps be?

3 day old cell I would make a warranty claim.

What is the controller showing for voltage and amperage when it is running? That is how it determines salt level. Maybe you have a control box issue? I'd certainly call and talk to Circupool about it at this point.

I'm interested to hear about the original warranty for your si-40 cell and if you were able to file a warranty claim for that cell? Because if memory serves me correctly didn't the si-40 have a 4 or 5 year pro-rata warranty? And you used it for about 3 years....

Effectively the cell on the Si/Ui is a three year warranty, unless it was better a couple of years ago. It's a 10K hour rated cell. It is stated as 4 years, but I think you get like 10% or 20% off of MSRP as a replacement in year 4 which I still suppose is better than nothing.,

<but I think you get like 10% or 20% off of MSRP as a replacement in year 4 which I still suppose is better than nothing.,>
Unless MSRP is $150 more than what you paid for it... currently the cells CircuPool T-15 Replacement Cells carry the following Limited Warranty should failure occur due to faulty manufacture or materials, during normal use and service.

For residential use, CircuPool Products warrants to the original purchaser that the equipment shall be free of manufacturer’s defects at the time of sale, and upon examination shall provide replacement parts in accordance with the following schedule: First Year - No charge for parts. Second Year - No charge for parts. Third Year - Parts supplied at 2/3 of normal price (you are right...MSRP).....which is almost the same price as the sale price...how do they know??? lol.

I the whole unit or cell, though? The Si/Ui 40 cell is $369 now, so that is still better than $800+ for the full unit. (and right now it's gone up to $850!) But you are right. As bad as that is its still better than a Hayward warranty...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.