CircuPool RJ45 Plus Duty Cycle

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I just installed an RJ45+ and have been reading about the duty cycle since I noticed it was not generating when I expected to be. My main question is, does the duty cycle count reset after the unit is powered off? In my case at the current colder water temperature, I have the pump and SWG running at 30% for 3 hours (10:30-1:30), followed by a break until it runs another 3 hours (4:00-7:00). As I understand this has a 200 minute duty cycle. So the SWG will run for 60 minutes (30%*200) for each of the 3 hour blocks. Does anyone know if I should see the SWG running at the beginning of the second 3 hour block, or does the duty cycle extend 20 minutes into the next block even though it is powered off for 2.5 hours in between? I tried a few experiments but I may not be understanding this correctly. Thanks

I believe it has a 180 minute (3hr) duty cycle. If set at 50%, it will be on for 90 minutes and off for 90 minutes. Cycling the power should reset the cycle.

I'm guessing you have the SWG wired thru a timer.

Reactions: 440dodge440
Thanks for the responses. The duty cycle resetting by powering off makes it easier to plan the run time. I do have the SWG on a timer-currently the same timer as the pump, but I do have the ability to put it on its own timer as a second load on the ET1125C timer I’m using. My current thought is that when my wife opens the pool and turns on the pump, the SWG will run as well- just one less thing for her to remember if I’m not there. We’ll see how it works out and I can adjust as needed

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.