Circupool RJ45+ now showing no flow

Having a weird problem that Id like a sanity check on...

Today my old 3/4hp pump came out and was replaced with a Circupool 1.5hp Variable. So before someone asks if something has changed in the system, that answer is yes, however the salt cell and flow switch piping were left intact.

Obviously the new VS pump has more flow than my old 3/4hp pump which is certainly a GOOD thing, however, even at 3450rpm, I am now getting a No Flow light on my generator. I did take the time to pull the flow switch out of the flow path and check to make sure that when the flow switch was made that it was not showing open with my meter.

At this point I am guessing the control box has some sort of fault? Is this just happenstance on the timing? Admittedly, today is probably the first day its been turned on as I have been doing the SLAM and only got to the point of clear water this week and havent needed generation from salt as of yet.

Thoughts?

If you were SLAMing, then I would assume your filter is dirty.. SLAMing can fill a filter in just a couple of hours.

Logic says.. either you have low flow or you don't.. If you can feel a good strong flow of water out of your pool returns, then most likely,the problem is in the flow switch, wiring, or the SWCG's control center. If you have weak flow out of your returns, then the problem is with the water flow and not your SWCG.

What is your filter pressure?

If this is the first time that you have turned it on, are you sure the flow switch is facing the right way?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Actually, about the filter, we put new sand in today. The previous owners I'm 99% sure used play sand and not near enough.

Filter pressure is what I would normally expect at this flow rate.

Orientation is correct. And when the pump is running at the faster speeds, the switch is made. It is not an open loop as tested with a multimeter which is really leading me to believe the controller is the issue.

Personally I've never seen a controller that has had an issue with a good flow switch that is working properly and is in the closed position while the system is on. Make sure all power has been turned off to the controller so it can reset itself. Other than that maybe someone else will be of more help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.