DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
OK, I admit that I've totally freaked myself out of wiring this thing up. So I called a local electrician out to help me and he made it worse by saying he's not comfortable doing it.

We even looked at the instructions on the forum for a similar set up. So is this really that hard? I'm electrically challenged but also not an idiot, no problem with the PVC cutting and splicing.

Can I post a picture of my current Jandy circuit board set up? And then get help?

I don't want to pay a service company $1,000 to hook three wires up, no disrespect intended to them.

Do you just want to power it with the pump power or are you thinking you can control it with Aqualink?
I have the old style PDA so based off what I've read the PDA cannot control the swg, right? That's not a big deal.

All I really want to do is have it turn off/on based upon the VS pool pump run times.

I have the old style PDA so based off what I've read the PDA cannot control the swg, right? That's not a big deal.

All I really want to do is have it turn off/on based upon the VS pool pump run times.

This depends on how your pump is wired. Most installations have the pump controlled from a relay within the Aqualink load center. When it is turned off in Aqualink, power is cut to the pump. That is where you want to connect the power leads for the SWG. On the output of that relay. I cannot imagine why your electrician did not want to do this it is basically "what electricians do 101".

This depends on how your pump is wired. Most installations have the pump controlled from a relay within the Aqualink load center. When it is turned off in Aqualink, power is cut to the pump. That is where you want to connect the power leads for the SWG. On the output of that relay. I cannot imagine why your electrician did not want to do this it is basically "what electricians do 101".
Regarding your last comment, that's what I thought too.

Follow where this connection goes (circled in pic). That will be the pump relay. These relays are rated for I think 30 amps so make sure you are within that.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 27
Follow where this connection goes (circled in pic). That will be the pump relay. These relays are rated for I think 30 amps so make sure you are within that.
Sorry but I don't understand and don't know how to determine the amps issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry but I don't understand and don't know how to determine the amps issue.

If you are running your pool pump and your SWG off that relay, add up the total amps each device draws. This should be printed on the plate on each device.

So the pump may be 20A and the SWG may be 5A. 20+5=25<30 - Good to run both.

It looks like there are already 2 devices on the 1st relay, which is usually the pump relay. So you'll need to find out what that 2nd device is and add that to your amp total. It may be the heater. If so, check the amps that pulls.

If you are running your pool pump and your SWG off that relay, add up the total amps each device draws. This should be printed on the plate on each device.

So the pump may be 20A and the SWG may be 5A. 20+5=25<30 - Good to run both.
ok, got it. At 240V, which I think is the case, the pump has max amps of 16, heater < 2.5 and swg < 1.4

PoolGate annotated a picture above.
From Circuit is Line
To Devices is Load.
Should say that on the relay. Or on the electrical diagram on the cover of the automation.

Plus, what does this even mean? Think about. You're supposed helpful answer...
Hi. I'll ask that you go a bit easy here. The experts are all volunteers doing this as a service. They have successfully helped hundreds of people work through questions like yours. If they say something you don't understand, in my experience they'll always politely give more detail when you ask.

Thanks.

Reactions: acacia1602

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.