Circupool/Hayward cells

Hurricance

Mar 4, 2021
Florida
Im considering one of the budget option SWG,,,Circupool,Purline,Calimar......But I have a question. So they claim Hayward cells or the discount replacement Hayward Cells are not compatible. Why is that, that appear to be the same thing? My concern is, using Circupool as an example. When its time for a replacement cell, it seem the only option is the Circupool replacement. Looking long term will these budget brands be around? Are the cells really compatible, but they just can't say they are?

Circupool, Purline and Calimar have been around for a while. I would not be concerned with their viability...

Most have proprietary threads on their cells.

You need to ask each vendor what cells work with their controller.

BTW, the Circupool RJ is a beast. I love mine and perfect service since installed. I got the RJ because it has 5% output increments. I didn't want to have to UP and DOWN the controller everyday because output increments were 20%.

Welcome to TFP.

While cells may look the same on the outside they may have different size and number of plates in them. The control box electronics need to be matched with the cell construction.

Most of those cells are Chinese manufactured knockoffs that are imported by distributors. Some are cells that are sold in other countries. As long as the distributors supply chains stay available and Chinese imports are allowed they should be available.

The cell is the majority of the cost in a SWG. If you have to move to a different system the added cost of the control box is not that much more.

Thanks for the fast responses fellas.

It's good to know they have been around for a bit that does make the purchase more comforting. If it's just the threads that's easy, if it's software compatibility that's tough. It's just odd you can buy an off brand cell for a Hayward cheaper than you buy an off brand cell for an off brand system......

Yes the cell is about half the cost of the system. What I don't want to have to buy a whole new system when the cell dies, that's my hesitation in the purchase of an off brand.

Thanks. Please post more tips if you got them.