Circupool flow switch replacement

Jun 13, 2018
Clinton TN
Any one have any experience replacing the flow switch on a circupool RJ45+. I had an incident with neighbors dogs got inside my fence next to pool pad and caught the wire from the switch and broke it. Of course wire broke right next to switch so not enough wire to splice it back together. Just ordered a new flow switch from discount salt pool. Looks like when I get the new switch just unscrew from the PVC Case and screw the new one into the case. Hope it is that simple.

Reactions: markayash
It should be that simple. Took mine out when gluing the vertical install kit for my install last year. Observer the arrow direction, as long as when seated it is pointing in the direction of flow you should be good.

The outer wire sheath was stripped back a bit on mine at the flow sensor. Put a dab of silicone sealant on the connection point to strengthen from wind or critters. (But that won't prevent the issue you had and the neighbors dog.)

It is that simple. When I got my RJ-30+ I had an issue with the water temp that was showing. Support sent me a new flow switch that had an integrated temp sensor (normally the temp sensor is in the cell). I just unscrewed the original one and screwed in the new one and I was good to go. Like @-MacGyver- said, make sure the tiny arrow on the flow switch is pointing with the flow.

Ok. It was that simple to replace got the new flow switch today. Comes in the PVC T just unscrewed the new one from the new T unscrewed the old one from the return line. Lined up the new one and screwed it in. Took a minute or two and I am back to generating chlorine.

That’s interesting. When I got mine it was just the float switch with no T. When support told me that they were going to send one they even told me that it would come in a new T. I would have just removed it from the new T like you did, so it didn’t really matter, but it’s weird that mine came differently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.