Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
My Edge 25 is hooked up to a mechanical timer and a flow switch. Normally when it powers up, all lights will come on, then turn off, and then the current setting is displayed and everything seems to work.

Recently, every so often, it will power up - lights come on and all - and then nothing happens (no lights, nothing).

If I press the power button, it will come on and stay on. No warning lights or anything.

It’s only every so often. Sometimes it will power up just fine. It shuts down just fine. It doesn’t seem to throw any errors (judging by the lights statuses). If I turn the mechanical timer off and back on, most times it will still fail to fully power up.

When it is powered up and I turn the timer off and then back on, it turns itself on automatically. When it is intentionally powered down and I turn the timer off and then back on, it turns itself on automatically. This tells me it’s not some odd order of operations or state issue.

Circupool has not heard of this failure mode before so their only solution is to ship everything to them. I’d like to try more troubleshooting out prior.

Anybody seen something similar?

Attachments

• 18561606-EF47-4D62-B885-4FEEFFC3ED5E.jpeg
    18561606-EF47-4D62-B885-4FEEFFC3ED5E.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 16B09CBD-6FDD-478E-8D37-3F9F47B7FFD1.jpeg
    16B09CBD-6FDD-478E-8D37-3F9F47B7FFD1.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 4
What timer do you have?
Have you tried to bypass (remove)the timer (temporarily of course) & test the order of operations?
That may help you narrow down whether it’s the timer or the unit.

Reactions: markayash
I like the idea of also bypassing the timer. It auto senses 120/240 and maybe it’s not detecting it the correct power for what ever reason. Not saying that’s the issue but would be a good test.
Curious what you find. I just put a plug end on mine and use a smart plug using 120.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I like the idea of also bypassing the timer. It auto senses 120/240 and maybe it’s not detecting it the correct power for what ever reason. Not saying that’s the issue but would be a good test.
Curious what you find. I just put a plug end on mine and use a smart plug using 120.
That’s a good idea. I can also check the voltage. It’s an Intermatic. Haven’t had any issues with it although I replaced a couple of wires when I installed the SWG. Not that it means it didn’t develop an issue, but it there isn’t anything suspect. Maybe the pump is dragging the load down at just the right moment?

Reactions: markayash
That’s a good idea. I can also check the voltage. It’s an Intermatic. Haven’t had any issues with it although I replaced a couple of wires when I installed the SWG. Not that it means it didn’t develop an issue, but it there isn’t anything suspect. Maybe the pump is dragging the load down at just the right moment?
Curious did you get it fix or replaced?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.