Circupool - and no chlorine production after pool pump replaced

Feb 19, 2017
Tampa
Hello

So I finally have my pool balanced and broken parts replaced. However, my SWG is not producing any chlorine.

FC= 0
PH = 7.4
TA = 100
Calcium = 300
CYA = 80
Salt = 4300 (circupool recommends between 4--=4500)

Labs have been steady for about a week with daily testing. Water is clear but gets a little cloudy when swept. We have been sweeping the bottom and still backwashing post slamming a week ago. The other issue I have is we had Pinch a penny install a new variable speed pump when the old pump broke. After they finished, the timer to the pool stopped working and they are aware of this. the SWG still says it is working and all the lights indicate it is working but no bubbles or calcium buildup as in the past.

I included a picture. The old pool pump cable was wired directly into the box containing the pool timer and they moved the pool pump cable into the breaker box on the right. Not sure why the timer stopped or if this is affecting my SWG even though the light are on.

Thanks for any advice as we know little about electric and if I go back to the pool store I want to know what/if they should be addressing my issue.

If you could take a closer pic of the wiring in the timer box, someone may be able to help you there. Did the timer work immediately after the install?

How do you know the unit is not producing chlorine? Where did you previously see bubbles in the past? The absence of bubbles may be related to lower pump speed or lack of any air leaks on the suction side.

Is the control panel set to 100% or boost? The SWG will cycle on/off if set to a lower percentage.

Be sure your VS pump is running at a high enough RPM to satisfy the flow switch on the SWCG.

I tried to zoom on the timer wiring and it looks like the SWG is connected directly to the line-in side, bypassing the timer switch, which means the SWG is always on. Your SWG should be powered off when the pump is not running.

First, get some bleach in the water now.

The SWG needs to be off if the pump isn't running. Does the SWG have an on/off switch?

Does the new pump have its own timer? What is the pump run time schedule now?

Thanks for all the input, I added more chlorine this am. The bubbles stopped and timer stopped as soon as the pump was replaced. Pump and swg are running 14 hours per day. I will look into the RPM requirement next. Thanks, Tom

Check that the timer is actually getting power. Since you indicated that they moved the pump wiring/conduit from the timer box directly to the breaker box, they may have disconnected the timer completely.

If you aren't comfortable doing any electrical work, call an electrician or a trusted friend who know how to check for power and how to rewire it if necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.