Christy's Red Hot on Jandy Valves?

DSant

Feb 28, 2021
Houston
I'm in Houston and one of the 567,870 people rebuilding my pool equipment after our freezes. Cracked a Jandy valve and the way it's built I needed to replace all of them. I got everything plumbed, rebuilt the top diverter manifold and then added in the Jandy Valves and Check Valve. It was late. And then I woke up this morning and released I used Christy's Red Hot Blue Glue (PVC pipe Cement) - not listed as for CPVC. The valves are fairly close to the pool heater so they will see hot water from hot tube and pool lines. Does the use of PVC glue on lines that will see hot water mean I should cut out and start over?

Last edited:
I used that same glue on all my plumbing and Jandy valves and it worked just fine. I re-plumbed the returns back in December to add a spa makeup function when I was adding automation. I also go rid of my puck feeder at the same time.

01E3E7F8-EC6B-42D8-9D52-17C913E20F8F.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.