Christmas lights, rain, GFCI

This is o

This is one of ours on the side of the house.
The only issue i have is that the design of that box w/ in use cover is to shed water but only when mounted with the hinges on the side or top of the box - other wise it turns it into a “bucket” for h20. I’ve been thinking of mounting my boxes to the facia to prevent this.

The only issue i have is that the design of that box w/ in use cover is to shed water but only when mounted with the hinges on the side or top of the box - other wise it turns it into a “bucket” for h20. I’ve been thinking of mounting my boxes to the facia to prevent this.

Mine is under the roof line on the soffit so it's never filled with water. The one on the other side of the house the boxes are mounted with the hinges on top so no water intrusion. Plus they're all GFCI outlets so not a concern.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Mine is under the roof line on the soffit so it's never filled with water. The one on the other side of the house the boxes are mounted with the hinges on top so no water intrusion. Plus they're all GFCI outlets so not a concern.
I know its not a real issue in your instance but I can’t help knowing its the opposite of its intended design lol. It would drive me crazy 😜

Reactions: RDFBocephus
No, you don’t want to double up GFCIs on a circuit.
There is no valid reason to avoid putting GFCIs in series, nor parallel for that matter.

I see they sell in-line gfci cords, would the inline GFCI trip BEFORE the outlet GFCI?
It's a crapshoot. 50/50 odds. One will be just ever so slightly more sensitive than the other, and that one will trip. Is it worth the price to you to give it a shot?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.