Choosing Pentair IC40 or IC60 and Preparation

djp,

Your choice is to install an IC40 or wait for the IC60. Installing the IC40 will mean having to run the cell at a higher output for a longer run time. It will work, it will just use the cell up faster. The good news is that when the IC40 gets used up, you can just replace the cell itself with an IC60, without any additional work.

Cells tend to last 5 to 7 years when sized properly. My pull it out of my rear guess is that an IC40 in your 27K gallon pool would last 3 to 5 years.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Polytech is one of many online sources I checked. Also checked 5 online sources that Pentair gave me that she thought had them. But after calling or checking online nobody had stock.

I agree with Wireform. I would have the PB install the dummy cell, then dose with LC until the PB can get the IC60. Worst case, you have to accept an IC40 later and it will be ready to drop in place.

--Jeff

+3. You will understand LC dosing SO much better if you live it first. Whenever you need to revert back, you'll already be a pro.

Alls it would take is one hurricane and power would be our extendedly. You would not be running here all 'HALLLLP teach me LC'. You'd just do. And have that much extra time/energy to handle whatever else needed doing.

+3. You will understand LC dosing SO much better if you live it first. Whenever you need to revert back, you'll already be a pro.

Completely agree. Thanks to TFP I've been LC dosing since last summer and have no trouble going back to it when needed, for example, over the winter.

Reactions: newdude
Thanks to TFP I've been LC dosing since last summer and have no trouble going back to it when needed, for example, over the winter.
Ha!!! My wires got crossed and you're already experienced with LC. Oh well. Maybe it will help somebody who is new to everything, not just the SWG.

My installer said his distributor is expecting IC60s to finally arrive tomorrow so our SWG install will happen within a week!
Salt level presently at 800 and CYA about 50. What target salt level should I have the installer shoot for? According to the Pentair IntelliChlor manual the range is 3600-4500 ppm with ideal at 3600. Should I plan for around 3200 and slowly add salt to reach 3600?

They work awsome at 3k. Shoot for 3200 just to have some wiggle room with the April showers around the corner. Mine worked at 2800 and didn't complain until under that.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.