Choosing elements for a simple IG pool in North Phx

Jun 14, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi there, I sold my old home of 8 years where I had my pool in pristine shape and am undertaking a full from-scratch yard build on a new house. I've been in contact with several PB's and am trying to work out what I need and what is superfluous. Also a sanity check on making sure I am not doing anything stupid

Here is what I am looking for:
11k-13k gallon IG play pool
- Large baja step
- SWG
- Pop-up cleaning system
- 24" of coping around the pool and then grass

Areas where I am unsure:
- (everything is Pentair) What is the point of having an Easytouch controller and screenlogic for a VS pump and intellichlor (which have integrated controls) vs just old-school mechanical timers or even a simple digital timer?
- Pop-ups one PB uses PCC2000 and another uses PV3. My parents have a PCC2000 (they love) that I have done some maint on and replaced heads and I got to play with a PV3 pop-up and can see the benefit of not having the springs or ratchets in it.

This is the general look of what we're going for:
1566604253878.png

Thoughts? Advice?

Personally I would lose the pop ups. A robot is so much more efficient and cleans far better.

You can do a simple pump and SWCG without automation. You do need to have something that will remove the power from the SWCG when the pump is not running. That can be a timer, or some manufacturers pumps have a 5V relay in them to do it. Not Pentair or Hayward. Maybe Jandy, and some in house brands like Pureline or Circupool.

Will the grass be artificial grass?

I looked at the robots, but I am stuck on needing to put it in the pool and take it out of the pool and store it being a nonstarter. If it could hop in, do its thing and then climb out and go home I would be all about it. I had a poolvac at the old house and while it kept things pretty clean, I hate having it sitting in the pool.

At the last home, the same timer powered both the pump and the SWG and that seemed to work ok. But that was a single speed pump and a different salt system.

The grass will be midiron bermuda in the summer and rye in the winter.

Reactions: BigEinAZ
We had our 11,000 gallon playpool installed by Paddock 20 years ago, and chose the PCC2000 system with its own pump, and the FNS60 DE filter. I still call it the best $2K I've ever spent! Paramount is still honoring their lifetime warranty on the nozzles, although I've only needed to replace 3 out of 12 in 20 years! I love looking at the pool without seeing some hosed monstrosity traveling the pool floor! Go with the PCC2000, it'll change your life!

Attachments

• 1568495874506-1691149878.jpg
    1568495874506-1691149878.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.