Choosing a heater

MexicoAdjacent

Jan 19, 2020
Imperial County, CA
Greetings We are renovating a 48k (our estimate) pool with large hot tub (9’ across - inner measurement). There is no way we could afford to heat the pool in the winter, so we are looking to just heat the hot tub. Any recommendations on an electric heater for a saltwater system? The wholesaler where we are getting our equipment and tile/coping suggested we contact Coates Heaters and order direct from them. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 60FC0260-113D-4A73-A54B-267AF63DB9B4.jpeg
    60FC0260-113D-4A73-A54B-267AF63DB9B4.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 6
  • BD05D908-98C0-4E1A-9EAF-ABB986DBC983.jpeg
    BD05D908-98C0-4E1A-9EAF-ABB986DBC983.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP?

You have enough electrical service amps for a electric resistive heater? It will use a lot of electricity. I hope your electricity is close to free.

How many gallons will be in your spa?

Welcome to TFP?

You have enough electrical service amps for a electric resistive heater? It will use a lot of electricity. I hope your electricity is close to free.

How many gallons will be in your spa?

Hi! Thank you for your help?. When we bought Casa Decrepit 2 and 1/2 years ago, it came with a soul-crushing 20 year solar lease. Since we will be using the heater in the winter, it shouldn’t be too bad...fingers crossed.
Mein Mann tells me the hot tub is approx. 2k gallons, minus the stairs. The spa has a spill over, but apparently we should be able to select if the water circulates with the pool or stays in the hot tub.
This reno is a self-build, since the PBs we consulted were in the 80-90k range. Trying to make sure all the pieces fit together and have the least amount of drama in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.