Coates heater model 12411st no power

Oct 11, 2018
Seneca
First post so bear with me. I have a coates electric heater here at my hotel that i am needing a little help with. Model 12411st.

Problem: no power. I know this is vague so heres what ive done so far.

I noticed i had neither of the indicator lights lit up (element, flow) so ive got no heat. Ive had issues similar on another heater and it was the contactor. Lucky me, i had a new one so i replaced it going wire by wire so i didnt connect anything wrong. Still nothing. I have power at incoming poles and aux (?) poles. So this led me to the flow switch and hi limit reset. From what i know, these 2 components control whether or not the contactor pulls in. Tested both, got some strange readings so i replaced both, (again, wire by wire.) Still nothing.
Am i missing something? What else could govern this contactor? I can answer any questions if you guys have any to better help with the assistance.Thanks tfp

There are three limiters in this heater, (Thermostat,flow switch and high temp limit switch) and two contactors. The three limiters control the two contactors. It looks like the Thermostat controls the second contactor. The flow switch and the high temp limit are in series and energize the first contactor. Both have to be in a closed state to energize it
Having a basic understanding of electrical theory and how to use a VOM will be a big help here.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.