New Orleans, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I just bought a new place and want to put in a pool. It will be about 570 square feet (swim lane, hang out area and spa). My last pool was salt and used jandy equiptment.
Questions:
I'm looking at a mineral system. What do y'all think?

Also, the builder I'm considering proposes Hayward. He said the 3 main players all have good products but Hayward has better warranty/customer service. What do y'all think?

Any thoughts on choosing builders? I think they all use the same subs, and prices seem comparable, so I'm thinking if they respond quickly and seem to give good suggestions.

Thanks for advice.

Minerals = BAD
Ozone= BAD
Salt systems = GOOD!!
Jandy = good, except everything has to be installed and bought by Pool Builder
Pentair = good, can buy yourself or from pool builder, well liked automation.
Hayward = good
Maddie 🇺🇦

Last edited:

+1 what Maddie said. And it is not "either/or" for saltwater vs mineral system. You always need chlorine which means a saltwater pool so that your pool will create its own chlorine. Mineral systems (and it is not minerals, it is metals) augment sanitation but have been proven to cause more harm than good. They can stain both pool equipment plus hair and should be avoided. Mineral systems are great for the makers since they require expensive consumables. Same with UV/Ozone. If my choice was between Jandy and Hayward 100% it would be Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.