Chlorine

Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Ok have a question. I wake up at 6 a.m. everyday test the chlorine level and after put in the necessary amount to get it to the level it needs to be. My question is is it better to put in the chlorine at night? Or is it better to put it in like I have been doing in the morning? I put in liquid chlorine so you know

In my mind the key is to make sure the FC never goes below the minimum. So, no matter what time you add it, if you test again in 24 hours and your FC is not below your minimum, then you are good. I don't believe it makes much difference when you add it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know what the the level is supposed to be. Cya level is 50 the FC level is 6ppm to 8ppm. So when I put the chlorine at 6am it's at 8 and then when I test it at 6am the next morning it's arrive 5ppm. My question is is that bad cause it's below the minimum when I check it in the morning?

If the FC is below the minimum for your CYA at any time that is not good. You need to add more liquid chlorine to be sure that does not happen.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. So I might as well put chlorine at night too so when I wake up it won't be below 6. Question tho, if I put more in at night the filter is not on. How long do I have to run the filter before I can shut it off after adding the chlorine

You should be able to add enough at one time each day such that you do not go below minimum until you add again the next day. If not, something is not right.

It is recommended that chemicals be added with the pump running. The pump should be run for 30 minutes after any chemical addition.

I add at night. That way if anything is growing, the chlorine is not competing with the sun n killing what it needs to. I also run my pump at night.

Reactions: sammckin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.