Silver Supporter
May 30, 2020
Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New to the posts but I have been reading a lot of articles and posts here that have been so helpful. We are brand new pool owners as of 6 weeks ago, as we bought a house with an in-ground pool. We know zero about pools and had no idea what the white cylinder attached to the filter was. I thought it was an extra filter of sorts but nope, now I know it's and inline chlorinator. I don't think the previous owner used it as they left behind a duck floaty and a ton of tablets. I've been using liquid chlorine and thanks to this site, we'll continue to use that over the chlorinator or the float tabs!

Reactions: IceShadow
Good choice! :wave: Welcome to TFP> :wave: Maybe one day you might consider investing in a Salt water Generator (SWG)? It only took me 7 years to stop the jug-dumping. I'm pacing myself. :) Make sure to read our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links below in my signature if you haven't already. I see you have well water which is almost always tricky due to iron. So if you do have a high iron content, be sure to control the FC as noted on the FC/CYA Levels, keep the pH on the low end of the 7 range, use a good sequestrant, and pre-filter whenever you can. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: V___25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.