Chlorine or Dichlor?

agrprodc

May 24, 2020
Van Nuys, CA
Hello, Just finished to assemble my semi in-ground pool. Have zero knowledge about the chemicals. Someone told me not to use chlorine but dichlor in order not to damage the liner. Shell I use the in-line chlorine feeder or just a simple floating chlorine dispenser? I have an oval 12x24 semi in-ground pool with approximately 8000 gallons. What size of the in-line dispenser do I need? Thank you in advance for your answers.

No. You pour the liquid chlorine at the return (where the water returns to the pool).

Please read through the links above.

By following the TFP method you should seldom, have to “shock” your pool, some haven’t had to for years. Other than maybe when open pool. The key is to understand the cya/chlorine relationship and maintaining the proper Free Chlorine (FC) level for your CYA level. To do this you need a proper test kit. Either the TF100 or K2006C.
Read all you can in pool school, also the experts here are all willing to help, usually fairly quickly too!

Good Luck and Welcome to TFP! 😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.