chlorine on the rise

drkstr

Jan 4, 2018
Altamont Il
Hello everyone.
Been a pretty good year so far after the pool rebuild. Pool has been great all year and the robotic pool cleaner has let me sit back and relax. I have a question I have noticed after a good rain that my free chlorine tends to rise a bit. For example before the rain it was testing around 6.5 after a day of off and on showers it tested at 8.0 the pool has salt chlorination and has been very consistent throughout the summer. I have dropped from 35% to 25% in the last two or three weeks. All my test are spot on except ch which has always been at 60 and I have seen a decline in cya from 70 to 60 and was thinking that the reduction in cya may be causing the higher free chlorine tests. Just a theory any one seen any thing like it?

It is because when it is raining, there is less sun to burn off the FC that the SWG is producing.
A lower CYA would actually result in higher FC losses to the sun and you would likely test lower FCs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.