East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had my SWG running for about 10 days this season. It was maintaining an FC of about 7-8 running at 100% with the pump on 17 hours a day. Most days were sunny and my pool was getting heavy pollen flow for the spring season (lots of organics filtered out). Yesterday my FC creeped up to 12 at the end of the day and I am wondering if I should be concerned something odd is going on or if I should turn down the SWG.

Yesterday was rainy or cloudy until the late afternoon, and the pollen has stopped. So I have reason to believe my chlorine usage might be declining. On the other hand, I ran last year at 100% pretty much all summer until September. CYA is 60. Would not be so awful to turn down the SWG as it might prolong its life and maybe I won't use as much acid (gallon every other day - newly refinished Diamond Brite).

Turn your SWG down a bit.

A SWG is not set and forget.

Just like a car hitting uphills and downhills you need to adjust the pedal to keep a steady speed, the SWG needs adjustments as the environment around it changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.