TC...9.5
PH...7.6
CYA..60
TA...180
Bor...35
Sal...swg avg..3200
K 1766....3800
Temp..87’
I’ve dropped the SWG output from 50% to 40 to 35 over last 2 weeks and yet the chlorine levels have steadily risen over the last 2 weeks and now the TA levels have jumped also... plenty of rain last few weeks too
Do I lower the SWG output ???
Do I average out the salinity readings between SWG and k1766 kit
Or do I need to get the TA under control first
First season with SWG so I’m just feeling my way
Thank you gurus

The FC is not above 10 so I would not worry about it. You can reduce the SWCG output if you like, but remember to push it back up if you get real 'summer' to finally arrive.

TA goes up because of fill water or adding baking soda. No reason to act on it. When pH reaches 8, lower it to 7.6.

If the SWCG is happy, no worries on the salt levels.

35% at 24/7 should be about right. If you keep that solar cover on that will also slow FC consumption.

I would use the K1766 and ignore the SWCG reading until it was "unhappy". Still validating with the 1766.

35% at 24/7 should be about right. If you keep that solar cover on that will also slow FC consumption.

I would use the K1766 and ignore the SWCG reading until it was "unhappy". Still validating with the 1766.
I’m running 35% for 8 hours....water is crystal..was just concerned about abrupt chlorine jump
and solar cover will put temp at 90’ or more so that will stay off a few days

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.