Chlorine level when adding polyquat and recommended dosage

al27

Sep 11, 2017
TN
I'm going to have to close this year with a water temperature of 66 degrees because my pool closing is already scheduled for this week and my PB can't do it at a later date. I plan on adding polyquat the night before closing since water temperature is above 60 and I have a mesh cover. According to the post at the top of this sub-forum, you should add the polyquat at normal chlorine levels. The information on the pool school page says to add it at half of shock level. Which chlorine level is preferable when closing with water temperature above 60 degrees? I added it last year at half shock level to 60-degree water and opened up to a green pool so I wanted to clarify this. I also need to know if I should add it at the minimum recommended dose, which is 7 oz per 10,000 gallons, or at the maximum recommended dosage, which is 11 oz per 10,000 gallons.

Either one will do. A bit more chlorine may last longer which is the reason for up to half SLAM level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.