Chlorine Keeps Going Up

mdills

Jan 18, 2021
Ohio
I feel stupid for even asking this, but can a SWG produce chlorine even when its turned off?? I installed a brand new CircuPool CORE55 system a couple weeks ago. Got my chlorine levels up to the breaking point where it held good with the OCT. Using a Taylor kit with fas-dpd chlorine test kit, I'm getting this...

3 nights ago - 10ppm (ok, i'll turn off the SWG and let it drift down)
last night - 12ppm (hmmm)
this evening - 12.5 ppm (wth?)

How is my chloine still going up? CORE55 has been turned off. I don't see bubbles coming from the clear window. The pump does run 24/7, I guess I could turn the pump off a while. Kinda stumped on this one. Thoughts?

Pool Info...
22,000 IG Vinyl
Hayward heater
Hayward Sand Filter
1hp hayward pump
CORE55 SWG
Taylor Test Kit

M,

How are you turning the cell off??

It should not make any chlorine when off or the output is set to zero.

Do you still have some chlorine tablets in a feeder or floater?

Did you add "shock"?

Chlorine cannot go up unless something is adding it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I hit the off button on the SWG, no lights have been on since then. The CORE series only has 4 settings, 25,50,75,100. I actually just now unplugged it to ensure no power was getting there. I know this sounds crazy, I'm an Engineer by profession and understand this stuff pretty well lol. The only thing I can think of is maybe my results are a little off from using my Taylor kit from last year?

Haven't added any shock. I added some liquid chlorine about 2 weeks ago when I first opened it, thats it.

Possibly the water wasn’t mixed quite as well when you took your 1st sample so your fc was higher than u tested & the other tests just had a little variance in drop size 🤷‍♀️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.