Chlorine gets eaten up in 1-2days???

The cya test is not possible to read at that level. The test vial is logarithmic, so round up.

• Test the FC level and add enough chlorine to bring FC up to shock level (see here for correct shock level)
    Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first. As things progress, you will lose less chlorine each cycle and can add chlorine less frequently.
  • Brush and vacuum the entire pool once a day
  • Backwash or clean the filter as needed
  • Vacuum up debris as needed

The cya test is not possible to read at that level. The test vial is logarithmic, so round up.

• Test the FC level and add enough chlorine to bring FC up to shock level (see here for correct shock level)
    Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first. As things progress, you will lose less chlorine each cycle and can add chlorine less frequently.
  • Brush and vacuum the entire pool once a day
  • Backwash or clean the filter as needed
  • Vacuum up debris as needed
FC 10
Cc .6
PH 7.4
TA 300
Ch 500
Cya 50
This morning so I added 2 more gallons of chlorine
I’m Understanding this a little bit better now I feel. Is there anything else that I missing

In a couple hours from now, test your FC. Add enough liquid chlorine to raise your FC to 20 ppm from the tested level. Repeat that every few hours.

Reactions: nalley
At 10 or above FC, the PH test is invalid. Don’t worry about any other tests besides FC, and only once the water is clear, CC until the SLAM is complete.

Once there is clear water (no visibile algae) you will look to pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

After that we can work on any other levels as there is no rush for them.

At 10 or above FC, the PH test is invalid. Don’t worry about any other tests besides FC, and only once the water is clear, CC until the SLAM is complete.

Once there is clear water (no visibile algae) you will look to pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

After that we can work on any other levels as there is no rush for them.
Thanks- the pool had always been super clear and clean. No algae anymore on floor either.

It is suggested to open the auto cover for a few hours each day to let sunlight hit the water surface, if possible. That removes the CC from your pool water.

Reactions: nalley

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is suggested to open the auto cover for a few hours each day to let sunlight hit the water surface, if possible. That removes the CC from your pool water.
I’ve been slamming since 9-2-21 and have been all over it keeping levels to 20ppm. Yesterday 9-11-21 I added half gallon at 3:30pm to bring it back to 20ppm. I checked it again at 9:30pm before bed and it was still at 20ppm. This morning at 7am it dropped to 15.5ppm. The pool has been super clear and clean since I’ve started. I’ve brushed and vacuumed daily. Should I continue since it dropped more then 1ppm over night or would the 3:30-9:30 still holding 20ppm for 6plus hours count?
also on side note i have a chlorinator for 3inch tablets. Should I keep any in there for my stabilizer ? I’ve been keep one in there and it lasts about a week

I’ve been slamming since 9-2-21 and have been all over it keeping levels to 20ppm. Yesterday 9-11-21 I added half gallon at 3:30pm to bring it back to 20ppm. I checked it again at 9:30pm before bed and it was still at 20ppm. This morning at 7am it dropped to 15.5ppm. The pool has been super clear and clean since I’ve started. I’ve brushed and vacuumed daily. Should I continue since it dropped more then 1ppm over night or would the 3:30-9:30 still holding 20ppm for 6plus hours count?
also on side note i have a chlorinator for 3inch tablets. Should I keep any in there for my stabilizer ? I’ve been keep one in there and it lasts about a week
I’d think holding it at 20 and not losing chlorine in daylight means that it was overdosed during the day. If it was covered I could see there being no chlorine loss, but it doesn’t make sense to lose nothing during the day and then lose 5ppm overnight.

The chlorinator should be completely empty for any OLCT.

I’d think holding it at 20 and not losing chlorine in daylight means that it was overdosed during the day. If it was covered I could see there being no chlorine loss, but it doesn’t make sense to lose nothing during the day and then lose 5ppm overnight.

The chlorinator should be completely empty for any OLCT.
Cover was on. And what is olct? I’m new sorry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.