Chlorine Depletion.

Gabbya86

Jul 24, 2020
Minnesota
Hello,

I have learned so much from this website. Thank you all so much. I still do have a conundrum that I am unable to research and see my solution. Wondering if I can get some Ideas. I have a 4K gallon above ground pool. We live in Minnesota and my pool is in direct sun 7 hours a day. I recently moved to the intex sand filter and the ONE day in between filters I was lucky enough to get Mustard Algae (it was hot and humid that day). I have since SLAMed for almost a week straight and done all the necessary things, luckily I haven’t seen anything for a week. I scrubbed down every inch of it and have backwashed religiously. I realized my CYA was at 160 so I drained and refilled. I scrub and scoop out any bugs or leaves every day .My filter is run almost 24 hours a day. I also have been using the Taylor k-2006c kit to get more accurate readings. ok if youre still reading.. I can not maintain my chlorine levels. I have been using the pool math app and adding 12.5% liquid chlorine/shock per the app recommendations. I recently moved to liquid chlorine because I read the PUCKs from the pool store have CYA in them. Either way. No matter what I do by the end numbers this morning.
These were my numbers this morning.
FC 2.8
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 90
CH 180
CYA 50

i followed pool math recommendations of 10% Baume (muriatic acid). When I returned two hours later my PH was 7.6 and my FC was 0.8 CC 0 .
I again followed the Pool Math and upped my chlorine to 4PPM and 5 hours later back down to .8 PPM.
Any help is appreciated... thanks.

Thank you so much for you advice. I got my CYA down to somewhere between 30 and 40 .. so 40 . I SLAMMEd and did the overnight test. I lost no chlorine overnight, have crystal clear water and CC is 0. I am going to keep a close eye on it today and check chlorine levels to make sure it’s going down at an average rate and if not I will start the SLAM process again.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.