Chlorine/CYA Issues

Okay, I'll get the chillers off until this is done. I need to just have an actual pool chiller installed. This is our first summer with this pool, and the pool at our last house was so shaded that we never had an issue with the pool temp being too high. It also wouldn't really be an issue if it were just us swimming, but I'm not supposed to teach lessons if the pool gets too warm.

I know it is a pain to take them off and put them on, but you might be able to just run the chillers at night when they are most effective.

Also since you have been using chillers I would up the brushing since that will also move more water around.

Okay, I've got the chillers off and I've brushed every single thing I can think of. I'm still having levels drop about 6 ppm every day during the day between 12-5pm, and then dropping around 4 ppm at nighttime. I've been through almost 17 gallons of liquid chlorine and I'm going to pick up 6 more bottles tonight. I just can't figure out where this algae might be hiding. Tomorrow morning will be a week since I started the SLAM.

With no data in Poolmath, I did a quick look back and are you trying to SLAM with very high CYA? If you are not passing the OCLT at high FC levels, let your FC drop to 20 ppm or so and do the OCLT at that level. The error in FC testing at elevated FC's can hamper your results.

With no data in Poolmath, I did a quick look back and are you trying to SLAM with very high CYA? If you are not passing the OCLT at high FC levels, let your FC drop to 20 ppm or so and do the OCLT at that level. The error in FC testing at elevated FC's can hamper your results.
My FC is down to 24 as of this morning, so should I just not add anything today and let it drop, or should I add to get to 20 ppm if it gets below that by the end of the day?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.