Chlorine Bleach in Dallas Area

May 22, 2013
Dallas, TX
This is a new thread for an old topic. I live in Far North Dallas and had mixed results last year at WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Leslie's chasing down liquid bleach that had a reasonable shelf life and that was concentrated. I just bought two cases at CostCo this week and noticed they have lowered the concentration to 6.25%!

I raise the question again for the 2018 season. Has anyone found a reliable source for liquid bleach in 10% or greater concentration in the Dallas/FW area, preferably in the Plano/North Dallas area? Thanks in advance.

dufus,

I live in Bedford and buy my 12.5% HASA Liquid Chlorine at my local pool store.. It is also about $20 after your initial deposit on the four (128 oz.) gallon jugs and the carrier.

It does cost slightly more than the grocery store, but the chlorine is 12.5% and fresh. You won't find it in Leslies or other chain pool stores..

Since I only use it in the winter, the cost is not much of an issue for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I was buying Clorox bleach at Costco or the Target brand, but just realized they've both changed the formula. Costco Clorox now has cloromax which Clorox says not to use in pools. Can't remember how the change is labeled on the Target bleach, but I presume it's the same or similar. I am also in Far North Dallas so am hoping to get some tips on where is still selling the old bleach version.

The Lowe’s in Lewisville was out of product yesterday. It’s not surprising though, before we went salt, they were selling all they had as fast as they could get it in.

They do store it outside, in the shade. But, as fast as they sell it, I don’t think it matters.

Bryan

I am also in Far North Dallas so am hoping to get some tips on where is still selling the old bleach version.

Now that it's hard to find 8.25% bleach, I found out that some Walmarts in my area (but not all) carry Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid. I haven't found it at the smaller neighborhood Walmarts but some of the big ones have it. The 2 pack's are $6.44 ($3.22 per gallon) which is a better deal than 8.25% at $2.94. Best of all, I'm finding that the date codes are fairly recent. On day 101 I bought 5 two-packs of date code 093. And it's stored inside the store.

If you go to Walmart.com you can figure out which stores have it.

I live over in Keller, but I did a search on Walmart.com for "Pool Essentials 10% Chlorinating Liquid" and found several stores in Plano that carry it. So, I'm sure its available at other far north Dallas areas as well.

I have been buying 8.25% concentrated bleach from WalMart or Dollar General since joining this site almost 5 years ago. Under $3.

Suddenly they are calling their Concentrated bleach the 6% and not even listing the standard concentration on the others.

Cannot find 8% any more. Anyone else noticed this?

I have been buying 8.25% concentrated bleach from WalMart or Dollar General since joining this site almost 5 years ago. Under $3.

Suddenly they are calling their Concentrated bleach the 6% and not even listing the standard concentration on the others.

Cannot find 8% any more. Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, a bunch of threads about this. I still don't *get* it though?? Why'd they do it!?

Keep an eye open for your Walmart's 10% liquid chlorine in the pool supply section. It may still be a good buy for you.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All, when you post about finding a chlorine source please include: which store you went to (tons of WalMarts and Lowes in the DFW area!), what the concentration was, what the manufacturing date was or how old it was (important!!!), and the cost. This would be a great help for all of us.

Last time I checked FND Lowes at Preston and Bush they had lots of 10% stuff stored outside, but with a 2017 manufacturing date on the cartons. It was probably about 3-4% by now. They ought to have a sliding scale on the price that matches the concentration of the product they are selling.

Home Depot at Custer and Parker has 10% for $3.30 with lot 18115. (April 12??) But they do store outside and had a pallet with dated 17xxx so a little care is necessary. It is sold in a box of 3 not individual gal. and military ID will get you 10% off the price.

dufus,

I live in Bedford and buy my 12.5% HASA Liquid Chlorine at my local pool store.. It is also about $20 after your initial deposit on the four (128 oz.) gallon jugs and the carrier.

Jim, I'm in Euless. Do you mind sharing? Where is this pool supply store?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.