Naomi Pengelly

Sep 24, 2020
Australia
Hi All,
I have purchased a property with a multi pools system.
It has a main pool, a water feature pool, a baby wading pool & a raised spa that waterfalls in to the wading pool.
It is fitted with the infloor Caretaker 8 port Ultraflex system (runs off main pump system) & the Leaf be gone system (this has its own pump).
It also has a Davey MCS50 Chlorinator.
My issue is that it doesn't matter whether I have the main pool pump or the Leaf B Gone pump plugged in to the Chlorinator Electricity port underneath,
the moment I activate the pool vac system (which is a lever on a line from a port in the pool wall as I don't have a skimmer) within minutes the chlorinator
shuts down the power to the pump.
I know that the Davey Chlorinator has a sensor that detects no flow through the cell but I just cant see how that could be a possible problem
considering the main pump needs to be on & runs through the chlorinator at all times and the main pump is what runs the vac.
Ive tried to attach a pic of the system for reference.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• POOL SYSTEM PIC.pdf
    244.8 KB · Views: 18
Naomi,

I saw this when looking up your Davey system.. " Pump ‘cut out’ protects the pump when no water detected"

Sounds to me like when you turn on the Vac the cell thinks there no water and shuts off the pump.

I have no idea if you have a sensor issue, or if your pump is actually running out of water.. When the Vac is on it could be sucking a lot of air, or the Vac line could be blocked or ???

With the Vac on, when you look down through the pump lid, is the basket full air bubbles or ???

You could always just wire the pump to its own power, instead of getting the power from the salt system..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Naomi Pengelly
Jim, could this be some sort of SVRS pump, and it's sensing the vac as a fault? Nothing actually to do with the SWG or flow switch?

Out of my wheelhouse, for sure. Just want to say hi, Naomi, and welcome you to TFP. Actually, I really just wanted to talk you into posting some pics of all these pools. I don't think we've ever seen a setup like yours before. It sounds amazing!

Reactions: Naomi Pengelly
Naomi,

I saw this when looking up your Davey system.. " Pump ‘cut out’ protects the pump when no water detected"

Sounds to me like when you turn on the Vac the cell thinks there no water and shuts off the pump.

I have no idea if you have a sensor issue, or if your pump is actually running out of water.. When the Vac is on it could be sucking a lot of air, or the Vac line could be blocked or ???

With the Vac on, when you look down through the pump lid, is the basket full air bubbles or ???

You could always just wire the pump to its own power, instead of getting the power from the salt system..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi
Thank you for your response, we have figured out today thst the gardener has been turning the vac lever to the incorrect spot which was draining the pump and stopping flow through the salt cell, thus cutting the power.
All fixed now thank goodness

Jim, could this be some sort of SVRS pump, and it's sensing the vac as a fault? Nothing actually to do with the SWG or flow switch?

Out of my wheelhouse, for sure. Just want to say hi, Naomi, and welcome you to TFP. Actually, I really just wanted to talk you into posting some pics of all these pools. I don't think we've ever seen a setup like yours before. It sounds amazing!
Hi,
Happy to share photos.
Please see attached pics of area, taken from each end, It's truly beautiful.
If you want some close up pics of certain areas, let me know.

Attachments

• image24.jpg
    image24.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image22.jpg
    image22.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 16
Wow, that is amazing. Really beautiful. The pictures are a bit small, so I'm not sure I've found all the bodies of water you first described, but that's OK.

Glad you figured out the pump. The gardener, that's funny. Well, he may have messed with your pools, but otherwise he looks to be earning his pay. Your landscaping is fantastic. I really like the way your yard is enclosed with all the trees, seemingly no matter which direction you look. Nice and private.

Let us know if you need any other help. In the meantime, as our swim season comes to a close, we'll have to live vicariously through our friends down under.

Last edited:
If you want to show off some more (I would!), I'd love to see pic's of each of these:
main pool
water feature pool
baby wading pool
raised spa and waterfall

That way, if you ask about any, we'll know which you mean.

I am with Dirk, really beautiful pool and almost the exact "pool" I am looking to do... I just wish I had the ability do do everything else also :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.