Chlorinator Off Sensor Fault

After unplugging the cell cord, removing the board cover, and putting it back together, the error changed from “chlorinator off sensor fault” and “cell door open” to “chlorinator off low temperature.”
I don't think that there is an error code that says "cell door open".

Can you show a picture of this happening?

You should get a salt test kit to verify the actual salinity.

The actual salinity is probably a lot higher than the reading from the display.

Yes i have one and as of last saturday it was about 400ppm higher

I don't think that there is an error code that says "cell door open".

Can you show a picture of this happening?

Ah I didn’t take a picture of that error message and now it’s gone

Reactions: JamesW
The plug ends both look corroded.

You probably need a new cell and a new board.

You can probably replace the plugs or maybe even wire the cell directly to the board if you feel comfortable doing that.

The cell is likely depleted or nearly depleted, so you will probably need a new cell in any case.

The plug ends both look corroded.

You probably need a new cell and a new board.

You can probably replace the plugs or maybe even wire the cell directly to the board if you feel comfortable doing that.

The cell is likely depleted or nearly depleted, so you will probably need a new cell in any case.

Thank you. I’m considering just replacing the cell first to see if that works. Am i correct that its literally just an unplug/plug swap out?

Out of curiosity is something like this any good? If not, ill just go with the brand name and model that i have now.

Am I correct that its literally just an unplug/plug swap out?
Yes.

I would stick with the Hayward T-15 cell.

Reactions: Alacayo22
Note that you are taking a risk by using the damaged receptacle to connect the new cell.

The cell has high amperage and the bad connections might overheat and damage the board more and also damage the cell cord plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.