Chlorinator looses time when power off

I think most of your Australian mates have left here for the winter. Your SWG is a model not sold in the States.

@AUSpool

Sam
From memory you have a Austral vx re branded Chlorinator. If you search for a battery for the Austral Vx you will find multiple sites selling them and it looks like they have a plug on the end of the wires for easy replacement.
I didn't find a video or info on how to change though.

Geday Sam, I think your short answer is call a technician, but who. What chlorinator do you have?

Leisure Pools is a pool manufacturer that use Insnrg or Astral chlorinators.
Dose it look like this one? - https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws...uals/2020_Manuals/INST_245_VX_CHLORINATOR.pdf

That manual says this;
Fault. “Clock loses time when mains power removed.”
Cause. “Battery life expired (MODELS BEFORE 1/3/2017) Models after 1/3/2017 have inbuilt battery.”
Remedy. “Call a technician.”

Is it under warranty? A technician is going to cost you. The Austral site has a spare parts manual that lists a battery but doesn’t show it. As CRAD said there’s lots of the batteries for sale but are you up to pulling your chlorinator apart?

Unfortunately with our time of use power tariffs the backup batteries are put under more demand then they were designed for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.