Chlorinator: Communication Lost

Mom,

My guess is that the idiot that wired your IntelliChlor did not wire it through the Pump/filter relay, which is mandatory.

Show me a picture of the inside of your EasyTouch or automation system.. Should be similar to this...

You should be concerned because if not wired through the pump/filter relay, the cell could explode.. It does not happen very often, so it is not an emergency, but it needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mom,

My guess is that the idiot that wired your IntelliChlor did not wire it through the Pump/filter relay, which is mandatory.

Show me a picture of the inside of your EasyTouch or automation system.. Should be similar to this...

You should be concerned because if not wired through the pump/filter relay, the cell could explode.. It does not happen very often, so it is not an emergency, but it needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the reply. Here is a pic of the wiring.

Attachments

• 2406DF80-4C1D-412F-975E-87073E192334.jpeg
    2406DF80-4C1D-412F-975E-87073E192334.jpeg
    496.9 KB · Views: 30
Mom,

I had assumed that your EasyTouch come with an internal SWCG power center, but it does not.. So you must have an external power center. This just means I can't follow the wires..

So, try this... With the system running and with lights on the cell... put the system into the Service mode and see if all the lights on the cell go off. If they do, that means the cell is wired into the pump/filter relay correctly.. If the SWCG has any lights on, when in the Service mode, the cell's power center is not wired into the pump/filter relay.

Not that it matters, but I can't think of any reason that why your electrician did not use the load center in the EasyTouch for all your circuit breakers.. Just Odd... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Mom,

I had assumed that your EasyTouch came with an internal SWCG power center, but it does not.. So you must have an external power center. This just means I can't follow the wires..

So, try this... With the system running and with lights on the cell... put the system into the Service mode and see if all the lights on the cell go off. If they do, that means the cell is wired into the pump/filter relay correctly.. If the SWCG has any lights on, when in the Service mode, the cell's power center is not wired into the pump/filter relay.

Not that it matters, but I can't think of any reason that why your electrician did not use the load center in the EasyTouch for all your circuit breakers.. Just Odd... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks, I will check that out. I did forget to mention that the system alert only appears on the app when the pump is running. When system is off, no alerts. Hope this might be of help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.